Rotary Short Term Exchange (STEP) presents opportunities for students to advance their knowledge and world understanding by allowing them to briefly live in a different country. The STEP program is a family-to-family summer exchange program. Typically, the Colorado student will first travel to the international student’s home and spend 3-5 weeks there, followed by the international student coming to the Colorado home for 3-5 weeks. While Rotary facilitates the match, most of the logistics, including travel dates and flight arrangements, are handled by the families.
• Ages 15-19
• Reside in Rotary District 5470
• Are of good character who desire to live abroad and host in return
• Who are adaptable, mature and want to experience life in other countries and cultures
• Children of Rotarians and non-Rotarians are equally eligible
• Exchanges may be arranged with any of the countries with which District 5470 participates in long-term exchange programs; however, due to reversed school calendars, there may be limited options available for students wishing to travel to the southern hemisphere.
• $250 application fee
• Flight (purchased yourself)
• Spending money
• Insurance acceptable to the hosting country
• Option to attend District Interviews and Orientation