If the above criteria are met and understood:
1. Contact any member of your local Rotary Club. He or she will put you in touch with its Youth Exchange Chairperson regarding details. Your High School Counselor is usually familiar with the local Rotary Club and can help you make that contact.
2.a Deadline Part 1: Friday, November 20, 2020 - Complete the Online Application and print a copy. No hand-written applications will be accepted.
2.b Deadline Part 2: Thursday, December 31, 2020 - Once you submit the online application, you'll receive an email with a link prompting you to complete and upload additional information: Dental Report, Medical Report, School Transcripts, and Passport. You will also receive an email link to send to the person who will provide your Secondary School Personal Reference (to be completed online by a High School administrator or teacher). Be sure to alert that person you are applying for the Rotary Youth Exchange Program and he/she should be expecting the email link.
NOTE: The following dates/activities have been adjusted due to COVID. Please refer to the Calendar for updates.
3. Required: January 9-16, 2021 - A virtual interview will be scheduled during this week with a panel of Rotarian volunteers. (A) volunteer(s) from your local Rotary club will likely ask to be with you and your parents in your home during the virtual interview.
4. Required: Friday, January 29 - Sunday, January 31, 2021 (Montrose, CO) - If the interview panel recommends that you advance to the District Selection Weekend, Parents and Students are required to attend. If yours is a one-parent family, only the parent with whom you live is required to attend, but both are encouraged to do so. If you attend District Selection Weekend, you will be notified in early February if you have been accepted and learn the country assigned to you.
5. Required: March 25-28, 2020 (Colorado Springs) - Students only are required to attend District Conference in Colorado Springs. This event will serve as the 2nd Orientation.
6. Required: Saturday morning, date TBD - virtual orientation with It's Your World Travel for overview of visas, consulate visits, planning your flights. Required for for Parents and Students
7. Late July - Early September, 2020 - Departures to exchange countries.