DEADLINE: December 31, 2020
It's like a Scholarship! When a student is invited to participate in Rotary's high school study abroad program, he/she will automatically receive the benefits of
Our Program Fee covers other costs such as obtaining a visa, the student's airfare, insurance, and more. (See Cost of Participation for details.)
Mountain and Plains District 5470 Rotary Youth Exchange has a limited amount of additional funds available on a needs-only basis to assist with the Program Fee if you 1) Demonstrate significant financial need and 2) Receive a grant from your Sponsoring Rotary Club.
The scholarship request is initiated by submitting a Scholarship Application along with your Long-Term Exchange application. Additional questions will be asked during your interview process to help determine your level of financial need. If your Sponsoring Rotary club awards you a grant AND recommends you to the District for a Matching Grant, the District may, but is not required, match the Club Grant up to $1,000. It is your Sponsoring Rotary Club's responsibility to submit a request for a matching grant to the District, so please make sure they have everything they need. Your Sponsoring Rotary Club will pay Mountain & Plains RYE directly for the amount they have awarded you. Any scholarship funds you receive through Mountain & Plains RYE will be applied to the final month(s) of your total payments.
To commence the process:
1. Download a Scholarship Application
2. Include the following
• Letter indicating what you are doing to earn money for the exchange year (savings, job, other grants, fundraising activity, etc.)
• Supporting letter from your parent(s) stating how much your family can contribute and the financial reasons for the scholarship request (single parent, loss of job(s), siblings need care, illness in the family, etc.)
3. Submit to your Sponsoring Rotary Club
Sponsoring Club Information:
The Sponsoring Rotary Club will be responsible for determining the real need of a student the club is sponsoring for the RYE program. The RYE Committee of the sponsoring Rotary Club will:
1. Review the Student’s Application
2. Review the Students' Accompanying Letters
3. The Club RYE Committee will inform the Club’s Board of Directors of their recommendation on student's acceptance and amount awarded (if applicable)
4. Upon a decision by the Club’s Board of Directors to the amount awarded (if applicable), the Sponsoring Rotary Club will email our Outbound Coordinator the following:
• Award Amount
• Clubs Letter of Recommendation
• Scholarship Application
• Supporting Letters
5. Payment: Make the Club's Grant payable to Mountain and Plains D5470 RYE
Mountain and Plains RYE
607 S Sunset Ct.
Grand Junction, CO 81504
Direct Deposit: directly to our Alpine Bank Account: #: Email email@example.com for account number
6. The student and parents will sign a Scholarship Acceptance Agreement to repay all or a prorated portion of the award if the student does not successfully complete the exchange.
* Children of the RYE Leadership Team Members are not eligible for scholarships.
* No District Grant will be made until the Club Grant is received.
* Applications received after the December 31 deadline should not be considered by your Club except in the case of an unexpected need arising after the deadline (ex. job loss, illness, etc).