Cost of Participation
2019-20 fees will be finalized by Aug. 1, 2018
Program Application Cost:
$250 NON-REFUNDABLE Application Fee due upon acceptance of invitation to District Interviews (mid-November).
Program Cost is $6,250* and includes:
- Airfare: Round-trip, open-ended ticket to Host Country from international airport (DIA, SLC, ABQ)
- Accident/death/health/liability insurance (required – policy varies by country)
- Interview Weekend and TWO Orientation Weekends (excluding transportation and lodging)
- Visa ~ $500 credit for those who must make in-person Consulate visits
- Rotary blazer ~ Business Cards ~ Trading pins ~ Name badge
- Required language camp (if applicable)
- Hosting Rotary Club will provide student with a monthly stipend for incidentals
- Not included in the participation fee: Costs of passport, immunizations, gifts, travel (other than airfare), personal items
* Cost may be subject to change if there is a sudden and significant change in global airfare.Payments:
Payments begin after acceptance into the program via ACH debit.
*There is an additional $5 fee PER CHECK to process checks rather than ACH debits.
To declare withdrawal from the program, student must notify in writing:
1. District 5470 Outbound Coordinato
2. Your Sponsor Rotary Club Youth Exchange Officer
3. If you have been provided with the Youth Exchange Blazer, Youth Exchange Trading Pins, and other items provided at Orientation, they must be returned to the Youth Exchange Chair in new condition to receive the refund.
Will be issued to students who voluntarily withdraw, or who have been deemed unfit for exchange by the Mountain & Plains RYE Committee, based on the following parameters. If program participation ends:
- Before February 15: All except $250
- Between February 15-March 31: All except $1,250
- Between April 1-June 1: Refund amount depends on costs currently incurred
- After June 1: No refund unless emergency (TBD)
May be available to the student, based on need. Please view information about our NEED-BASED scholarships at http://mountainandplainsrye.com/applicants/scholarships