If the above criteria are met and understood:
1. Contact any member of your local Rotary Club. He or she will put you in touch with its Youth Exchange Chairperson regarding details. Your High School Counselor is usually familiar with the local Rotary Club and can help you make that contact.
2.a Deadline Part 1: Monday, September 30, 2019 - Complete the Online Application and print a copy. No hand-written applications will be accepted.
2.b Deadline Part 2: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - Once you submit the online application, you'll receive an email with a link prompting you to complete and upload additional information: Dental Report, Medical Report, School Transcripts, and Passport. You will also receive an email link to send to the person who will provide your Secondary School Personal Reference (to be completed by a High School administrator or teacher). Be sure to alert that person you are applying for the Rotary Youth Exchange Program and he/she should be expecting the email link.
3. Required: November 4 - 9, 2019 - After reviewing your application, your local Rotary Club will contact you for an interview.
4. Required: Friday, December 6 - Sunday, December 8, 2019 (Grand Junction, CO) - If you are recommended by your local Rotary Club after your November interview, you and your parents are required to attend District Interview Weekend. If yours is a one-parent family, only the parent with whom you live is required to attend, but both are encouraged to do so. If you attend District Interview Weekend, you will be notified in late December (before Christmas) if you have been accepted and learn the country assigned to you.
5. Required: March 13-15, 2020 (Montrose Holiday Inn Express) - You and your parents are required to attend Outbound Orientation - One. If yours is a one-parent family, only the parent with whom you live is required to attend, but both are encouraged to do so. STUDENTS AND PARENTS REQUIRED.
6. Required: May 1-3, 2020 (Salida) - Students only attend Outbound Orientation #2
7. Late July - Early September, 2020 - Departures to exchange countries.